In the wake of non-stop propaganda from politicians of both parties, as well as a mainstream media desperate for ratings, the American public is finally terrified enough to support another war in the Middle East. This is an unfortunate development I lamented in yesterday’s post: The American Public: A Tough Soldier or a Chicken Hawk Cowering in a Cubicle? Some Thoughts on ISIS Intervention.
With just 6% of likely U.S. voters thinking Congress is doing a good or excellent job according to a recent Rasmussen poll, it’s no surprise to see so many of these corrupt clowns falling over one another to appear tough on ISIS, using myriad hyperbolic and Orwellian statements.
Protect your wealth – Buy Gold and Silver Bullion with Goldbroker.com
Let’s start with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) who decided to see if she could take crazy to a whole other level:
“There’s been no pushback against the Islamic State and they have made breathtaking advances. We haven’t seen anything like this since Hitler and the blitzkrieg in World War II
The Islamic State have declared war against the infidel, they have declared war against the U.S.”
Well Rep. Bachmann, perhaps ISIS wouldn’t be so successful if not for our allies funding it, in addition to its use of U.S. military hardware. But of course those arms must’ve just immaculately conceived themselves out of thin air in the desserts of Mesopotamia.
You think that’s bad, how about this one from Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa:
“I’m glad people have this 9/11 mentality again.”
This brings up a whole host of followup questions. Why is she glad that people have this 9/11 mentality again? I can’t think of a single positive trend that has happened within the U.S. since September 11, 2001. However, I can think of several awful trends. Let’s name a few:
1) The destruction of the middle class amid a horrible economy.
2) The shredding of the Constitution in the name of security, yet the intelligence services have stopped zero terrorist attacks with all their invasive spying since 9/11.
3) The militarization of the domestic police force.
4) Enormous expansion of our national debt to fund an imperial military presence overseas.
5) Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dead human beings overseas and several countries destroyed beyond recognition (Iraq and Libya) in order to win a “war on terror,” which 13 years later is obviously no closer to being won.
Shall I go on?
But sure, I can see how an environment of fear is in the best interest of corrupt politicians with a 6% approval rating.
Donate bitcoins: 1LefuVV2eCnW9VKjJGJzgZWa9vHg7Rc3r1
Follow me on Twitter.